April 22, 2011 Leave a comment
- Bobby Cleveland reports that access to Chotard oxbow is now guaranteed for Mississippi sportsmen. I spent a considerable amount of time on that water with my grandfather, uncle and cousin. It is a great treasure for all. This last spring, I put a boat in there for the first time in over 20 years and really enjoyed the trip other than the flying carp that have invaded.
- Kingfish has an interesting report about the Byram radio fiasco. At some point, the Hinds County Board of Supervisors are going to have to answer who, what, when, where and how much. It will be interesting to watch this unfold. I have now doubt that Kingfish will stay on them until they do.
- NMissCommentor comments about the Iphone tracking your every move. Exactly what are they doing with this information? I heard a news report earlier today making the point that the very thought of such would have been a no-go from the marketing standpoint just a few years ago. I suspect you will see some form of litigation over this and ultimately a change in policy.
- Mississippi BBQ Princess has a tasty recipe for Chicken Tacos. She finishes with saying that she must try the recipe with pulled pork next. I tried a similar recipe with pulled pork last night and must say it was well worth the effort! In fact, almost anything involving pulled pork is worth the effort.
- The National BBQ rankings have been updated. These folks cook BBQ at a level that is unlike anything you can imagine. One of these days, I plan on attending one of the cooking schools put on by the top teams. Can you say bucket list?